Picture Queensland Connections

Two photographs of Cairns in the 1870s (#100532)

 Two photographs of Cairns in the 1870s

The vessel, Liechhardt unloading the first cargo into Cairns. Photograph below of the Jockey Club, the first hotel in Cairns in October, 1870. The Bank of New South Wales later occupied this site at the intersection of Spence and Abbott Streets. Reproduced from an original glass negative no. 671. (Description supplied with photograph.)

Connections

Location